Let's Talk Puzzles!

So today we are talking about puzzles and the benefits for your children.

Puzzles are so good for brain processing and problem solving.
Now I may do things a little differently with this as well. I do not do this as a family activity

In our house we have a load of family activities.
Although, our girl has a bit of a hold over our boy when it comes to learning. She tells him what to do, which doesn't give little man a chance to figure things out for himself and he doesn't think.

He has become reliant on her to do everything for him. Which I wont stand for. It does make him grumpy but he needs to learn to do things himself.

So I have started with puzzles.

Trinity has been really good at this. As this was a first real go at puzzles in a long time, she had no idea what to do. So I made the border, so she knew what to do, and she filled in the middle all by herself.

The second one she had done by herself.

With Xander it was a little more difficult. I wasn't expecting huge results, just the ability to make a decision and try different things. Which is what I go. Once again I did the border and he filled it in.

Trinity kept on jumping in to help and tell him what to do when he couldn't figure things out, so unfortunately I did have to separate them and ask her to play in her room, which she was not happy about. But to make it up to her, we watch Mr. Maker on DVD after wards.

Xander has had issues with development as well as had a bit of behavioural issues.
So yes when we removed Trinity from the room, we had puzzle pieces thrown at the wall.
But once he picked it up, he loved it, was solving the problem well, but on occasions I did have to usher him saying things like "well done" "do you think that looks right, it looks a bit silly to me, do you want to try it like this?" and then show a different way to have it.

It also had a good workout for his hands. Considering his has weak hands, it was good to see him really get into it and use them well.








Comments

Popular Posts