The Best Scones Ever xx


I love scones. So do my kiddo's.

I remember my Mum when we used to make them.
I still don't thing this recipe is as good as my Mum's, but I did stumble across a basic recipe that is so yummy! Look at the face below, Safe to say he enjoyed it.
I normally do not dye my cream any colour, but Trinity had requested this.


Ingredients:
Plain Flour for dusting
3 cups self raising Flour
80g of butter at room temperature
1 to 1 and 1/4 cup of milk
and of course, Jam and Cream to serve
Vanilla Essence for Cream
Sugar for Cream

Method:
Preheat oven to 200 Degree's Celsius
Sift the self raising flour into bowl. rub in the butter into the flour.
Use your fingers and rub together to blend the butter and flour together.
It will start to look like breadcrumbs and look dry.

Make a hole in the middle and add 1 cup of milk.
mix with a spoon or knife until it forms a dough.
You may need to add more milk, depending on the flour.

Lightly dust your bench top with plain flour.
Roll the dough out and kneed lightly.
Only knead until smooth otherwise the mixture will be tough and the scones will be hard after they have been baked.

roll out to as thick as you like.
I kind of don't care at this point but aim for the 2cm mark and cut with a scone cutter.
mine is a 5cm diameter scone cutter. 
Place on baking try and bake for 20 - 25mins or until golden brown on top.

While the scones are cooking.
Time to whip some cream.
place as much cream as you think you will need into a bowl.
Add vanilla essence in before whipping.
This can be done to taste.
You will also need to add some sugar.
This will keep the vanilla taste sweet, and not turn bitter in the cream.
Whip until soft peaks form.

When scones are out, cut in half and assemble with cream and jam.
Sometimes I even put fresh, sliced strawberries in my scones.

This recipe has been adapted, in other words adding my personal twist, from a recipe on www.taste.com.au

Hope you enjoy this good recipe for scones!

Comments

Popular Posts