Annabel Karmel Baby Food


So if you watch my Youtube Channel, a while ago we tried the AK range from Coles Supermarkets. Last time, the kids meals were great but I found the Baby Food to be impossibly runny!

So today I am reviewing my latest two purchases, as I decided to give it another chance! I brought Apple, Peach, Banana & Strawberry from the 4 month+ range and Salmon & Hoki with Orange from the 6 month+ range.

I brought from two age ranges as I wanted to see if the same runny consistency would show in the 6 month+ range as well. So lets get into it!

The Apple, Peach, Banana & Strawberry was very runny. I know people would be thinking 'why complain about this, as it needs to be suitable for all babies and ones starting solids'. I know.. I know.. I know.. but the main reason I have a problem with this is I wonder how much nutritional factor has been compromised by adding water to the puree to thin it. I would rather buy it fresh and add my own water, or what not. Or even milk if it needed to be thinned. BUT!! and a big BUT at that, I don't mind, as this hasn't been processed for a shelf life, it's found in the freezer section, so either way, it's probably better nutritionally than those found on the shelf.

The Apple, Peach, Banana & Strawberry tastes absolutely amazing and yummy, and I love to stir in a bit to Elle's cereal some mornings as a little treat!

The Salmon & Hoki with Orange was thicker, but not a huge amount thicker. 
The taste isn't the best, but it's a good way to test the waters with fish to make sure she likes it and likes the taste. Overall she likes it which is good, but she does have a preference for fruit and vegetables.

The best part about this baby food is it comes frozen in cubes, so you can peel back a layer and pop it out as needed. That way you can leave it frozen, not worry about freezer burn, and it's convenient.

My only complaint is I wish the cubes were bigger and there was a bit more in the pack as it can be very tempting to go back to shelf packets because of the price per amount.

Overall it is good to see this in our Coles stores as it gives a fresher option for parents, as well as just another option in general.

This is our trial last time in video:


Comments

Popular Posts