Co-sleeping to Cot - How do people do it?

So.. The past few weeks have been shocking. Since bubby was born, she has always co-slept with me. Biggest issue was the fact that she doesnt really sleep. She just lies there, half asleep attached to my boob. #firstworldmummyproblem is probably a very appropriate tag. Absolutely no sleep for this mummy at all.

The past few nights have been absolute hell. The worst of the past few weeks to be honest! No sleep had. So my biggest problem now is the fact she wont sleep. And I cant put her to sleep while holding her because as soon as I put her in the cot, BANG!!! She is awake. Same with the bouncer, and well every other method in the world. And to make it 10x worse, she has NEVER EVER accepted a dummy.

So as a typical modern world mummy, I scoured google over and over again looking for something, just something that may help. I have tried apple on a dummy, beating the cot before she goes in, derailing one side of the cot and putting it right next to my side of the bed and sliding her over, controlled crying. And nothibg works. Yep, absolutely nothing...

And then I kind of realised, nothing the internet tells me will help, as she is not everyone elses child. She is my child. She is 50% me and 50% Adrian. We know her better than anyone. And only we will know what works.

Every day I am faced with blogs that think they know better, tips and advice and well just rude people down the street telling me to try different things when there is no problem even in the first place. But these people do care abd are just being generous with showing interest in us. Which I am greatful for. Parenting is just trial and error, trial and error. Literally.

So last night, I put my phone down. And read her a book. Put her in her cot and came back and checked on her here and there as she very quitely sooked and sometimes talked herself to sleep. No problems.

So moral to the story. Sometimes, take a step back and reasses your point of view and try again calmly. Dont do what I do and franticallg scour the internet for answers, and it makes you anxious and if your bubby may be anything like mine, they will play off that.

Comments

Popular Posts