Top 10 Tips for a Peaceful Back To School


I know, I know... It is only November and back to school here isn't for a few month now, as in February 2016. But I do have an excuse and as you read on you will understand. This is how I make it as peaceful as all hell and less stress!

1. Start Planning in November
I sound crazy. I will admit that, but now is the time to plan. Get it all out of the way before Christmas so the whole of January, you just do NOT have to worry! You can spend after Chrissy with the kids, kick back, enjoy the sunshine without a worry in the world!

2. Christmas become a 2-in-1
Yep, its a 2-in-1 deal for Christmas time. Those small back to school items like a lunchbox, pencils, texta's etc. can then become a Christmas Gift! Chuck in a couple of writing book and colouring books and it also becomes a "mummy gets some peace over the holidays" gift as well. Kind of makes it a 3-in-1 gift! If you have older children, You can also make this gift a Year. 11 and 12 survival gift!

3. Stock Up
Yep, this is EXACTLY why I start preparing myself in November. Any school snacks I buy with a long shelf life, like oat bars, I simply buy two of each every time I go shopping. Why? So I am ahead for next year. This ensures I don't have one big shopping trip the week before school starts getting snacks at a good price and ultimately prepares me for a stress free back to school time. 

4. New Kicks
Now is definitely the time to buy your school shoes for next year. You might ask why? So then your kidlets can start wearing them in before they begin school next year. This will prevent the kiddies coming home on their first week upset from sore feet and blisters.

5. Uniforms
If you are anything like me, living in a small town. Then no doubt in my mind your uniform shop is at your school. Which ultimately means that it ISN'T open over the holidays. If your child is beginning a new school. Be sure to check first.

6. Routine
While your little one is getting ready for prep, get a feel for the school, what their routine is, and use the time to get them in routine. the best time to test the waters is transition days, Learn about your little person and what is going to work best for them.

7. Ignite the fire.
Get your little one excited! Enjoy your holidays, and just have fun. Do a few reading and writing activities, addition etc. and get them just purely excited. Over the Holidays, let them have fun, and create their own story, to tell all their new friends about for the new school year.

Do you have any tips for a peaceful stress-free back to school?
Be sure to comment them down below as I would love to hear about them :)

Comments

Popular Posts