Battle of the SHAKES

So today I am reviewing a few replacement meal shakes. Not for the reason you think though. I am trying to loose weight, but that is not the reason I have shakes.

I use shakes for the pure fact of lack of time as a Mummy. For the past 3 years, I have been a breakfast skipper from the pure fact of no time and now days I just forget so I am at the point I find it hard to eat breakfast at all.

I resorted to purchasing shakes incase I do forget and to ween myself back into eating breakfast. Also, I use lactose free milk with these, not water or normal milk or anything like that.


Celebrity Slim - Cafe Latte
I brought this as a sachet for a bit of a change, and now I am definately going to be buying a tub. It is quite expensive to buy sachet's as apposed to a tub. I am a morning coffee person so this tasted great for mornings. It mixed well, doesnt taste powdery and you feel full after this shake
Found at most major supermarkets and chemists.


Fat Blaster - Chocolate
This shake has been a bit of a problem for me, but is at an amazing pricepoint and you will regularly find it on special. It doesnt mix well, but I just use a blender and add half a banana and this is soo yummy in the mornings. On hot days I love a frozen banana piece. You will need a blender with this one, or a mini wisk or stick blender. It doesnt mix well with the shake cups either.
Found at most major supermarkets


Bikini Lean - Banana
I got this on a bit of a whim as I love banana flavoured milk. I have to admit I am a bit disappointed. The initial taste in your mouth is so nice, but the second taste you get it a powdery taste. It is quite a gritty feel to it as well. I have endured through it though and finished the tub, but it could of been better. It mixes well but not hugely keen on the powdery taste.
Found at Priceline

Comments

Popular Posts