Slow Cooker Recipie Journal #1- Pulled Chicken

Pulled Chicken



This recipe was a hit with Trinity and Xander. We served ours on Tortilla's with Cheese and Salad. I apologies for the photo quality. I forgot to take a photo while the food was still in the slow cooker, and took the photo with my phone..


Ingredients

  • Taco Seasoning (enough to cover the bottom of your slow cooker)
  • 3-5 Frozen Chicken Breasts
  • 2-3 Jars of Salsa
  • 1/4 Cup of Oil
Method

  • Cover the bottom of your slow cooker with Taco Seasoning
  • Place Frozen Chicken Breasts on top
  • Pour in Salsa and Oil to fully cover Chicken
  • Leave to Cook for 7 hours
  • Take chicken out and shred with 2 forks
  • Return to Slow Cooker and Mix together
  • Leave on low for 10-20 minutes
  • Serve with Taco's, Burrito's, or Tortilla's.

My thoughts on the recipe

Taste: The taste of this recipe was really yummy. At first I found it to be a little on the salty/bitter side, but I added a couple of teaspoons of sugar and it was fine after that. Paired with the Salad and tortilla wraps it was very very yummy. If you love Sour Cream like myself and Adrian, then DO NOT forget to buy it as I felt it was really missing and could of been a really good mix together if I remembered to buy it.
Cost: I forgot to calculate how much I spent on all the ingredients but it was roughly $35, including 4 chicken breasts, salsa, tortilla's, fresh salads etc. I found this to be quite reasonable considering chicken can be quite expensive in itself.
Was it enough to feed four? I used 4 chicken breasts, 1 pack of seasoning and 2 jars of salsa, and it was heaps! We ate a fair bit on tortilla's, and the photo I have included up the top is what we had left and that is a mixing bowl full. I have now frozen some so that when the kids return we can have pulled chicken taco's. I will let you know later how well it went in the freezer.


**Disclaimer
I did not write this recipe and I do not take credit for it. I have found this recipe on Slow Cooker Recipes 4 Families for families. I am unaware of who made this recipe. If you know who made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment for the Author below.

Comments

Popular Posts