Book Review of 'Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site'


A little while ago, I ordered Xander a new book from the scholastic catalogs that got sent home with Trinity from school.

I had ordered a book called 'Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site'
After I brought it, sadly enough, Xander simply had a look at it, and the book went straight into the book shelf with the other 200+ books we own.

While Xander and myself have been reading for the MS Readathon, Xander rediscovered Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site and well, now it is pulled out of the bookcase everyday that they are in our care.

As you know, Xander had speech difficulties and well, now his speech has come a long way.
I really noticed it as I was reading him this book, and he became very responsive and repeating parts of the book, and experimenting with 'new' words as I read them to him from the book.

I was very surprised when he repeated 'cement mixer' and 'dump truck' so easily and so well. Now it is ALL he will say.


'Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site' is so beautifully illustrated, and easily captures the mind of Xander. I am very very happy I purchased this book.

If you have a wee little tacker that is in love with 'big rigs', cars and trucks, this book is a really good tool for young minds to imagine they are on a real construction site.
And if you wee one has the patience for book, I highly recommend this!

I hope you have enjoyed this Book Review
Have a good day
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts