Christmas Disapointment..

Christmas is creeping up on me very quickly. And in all honesty, I love love love Christmas. It's my favourite Holiday with the kids, Adrian has time off work to spend with all of us, I get to see family, in general its a happy Holiday.

Im going to sound like the biggest Grinch in the world, but I cannot wait for Christmas to be over.. I'm not looking forward to it.

I really have not planned Christmas well at all this year. I do have my reasoning though, yet I am still so dissapointed with myself.

This year, majority of Christmas day the kids will be with their Mum. Which I don't mind about at all. They get to spend most of Christmas with their baby sister and family is important in my eyes. After all it's her first Christmas. They wont be home from 4pm Christmas Eve to 4pm Christmas Day.

For that reason we are doing a small Christmas this year. It's December 2nd and I still don't 100% know what I am doing.

I really have not plannex it well. I have their presents for Christmas already, which is easy. Now I am starting to feel the financial belt tighten because I have not planned anything.

I regret that big time. I have not brought presents for Adrian and myself, and the typical male of the house has no idea what he wants of course. I sort of have me planned...

Already I have thought of next Christmas and learnt from my mistakes from this year.... So this is how next year will go so it's not a financial burden.

Next year Christmas will be a big one. It will be Elle's first Christmas. To be honest, with shared Christmas I am considering hosting Christmas.

I am filling a Christmas stocking for extended family with small gifts that I will buy throughout the year. Easy.

I will put away a small amount each week to buy the big presents for the kids. And food wise I will buy a $10 supermarket voucher every week to pay for the Christmas meal for everyone. What I don't use I will just use on our weekly shop.

Even though Elle may not remember her first Christmas, it will still be special... It will be special for everyone.

Christmas is all about giving back, and the time and effort spent to do Christmas amounts to so much more.

This will be my last Christmas with Trinity and Xander which makes me sad a bit as well. Big changes are coming for all of us, and next Christmas will send the year out with a bang.

I look forward to spending the time with Trinity and Xander more so than gift giving and what not. They mean the world to me.

I have learnt from my mistakes with being unprepared. Hopefully my lesson learnt helps other people for different idea's as well financially for Christmas next year.

Once again thanks for reading xx

How do you plan your Christmas?

Comments

Popular Posts